Double Chocolate Fairy Cakes
These delicious cakes are easy to make and are perfect for birthday parties. Chocolate fairy cakes are coated in melted milk chocolate. Yummy!
Makes: 12 Fairy Cakes
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 100g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 200g milk chocolate
- milk as needed
Prep: 15min › Cook: 20min › Extra time: 1hr setting › Ready in: 1hr 35min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line fairy cake (bun) tin with paper cases.
- Mix together margarine and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in eggs. Sift in flour and cocoa and fold to combine. Stir in a few drops of milk.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. The cakes are ready when a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spoon over the cakes and let set before adding your Cakeshop cupcake toppers!
Hints & tips
Try cutting off the top of the cakes, putting some jam in the middle then putting the top back on before adding buttercream icing and your cake toppers!
This yummy recipe is adapted from Melissa B’s post here: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/653/double-chocolate-fairy-cakes.aspx?o_is=LV