Vegan Chocolate Cake
This is a really simple, yet very tasty cake or you can make chocolate buns with the mixture instead. (If you do - note these will take less time to cook). You can use rice flour or something other than wheat. You can also add chocolate chips and/or nuts.
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 250ml (8 fl oz) water
Prep: 10min › Cook: 25min › Ready in: 35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a 13x23cm loaf tin or a 20cm round cake tin.
- Sieve together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake at 180 C for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When cooled, top with your icing and finish with your Cakeshop cupcake toppers!
Hints & tips
Have a cheeky one hot out of the oven – scrummy!
This yummy recipe is adapted from sue’s post here: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4666/vegan-chocolate-cake.aspx?o_is=Hub_TopRecipe_1