Cream Cheese Frosting
This is a wonderfully creamy cream cheese frosting that goes well with pumpkin cake, carrot cake, chocolate cake, banana cake and more. If you want chocolate frosting, add 4 to 8 tablespoons of best quality cocoa powder, according to how rich you want it.
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 125g butter, softened
- 250g sieved icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep: 10min › Ready in: 10min
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the icing sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator after use.
Hints & tips
Best made using full fat cream cheese, take care not to over-mix!
This yummy recipe is adapted from Janni’s post here: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/8332/cream-cheese-frosting.aspx?o_is=Hub_TopRecipe_5