Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
A very good high protein alternative to flourless chocolate cake. Give it a try!
Makes: 1 cake
- 250g plain chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 (400g) tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Prep: 15min › Cook: 40min › Extra time: 15min › Ready in: 1hr 10min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm round cake tin, line with parchment and then grease again.
- Place the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you have a powerful microwave, reduce the power to 50%.
- Combine the beans and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate. Finish with your Cakeshop cake topper just before serving.
Hits & Tips
Look for labelling on chocolate and baking powder to be sure ingredients are truly gluten free if serving to people with severe allergies.
This yummy recipe is adapted from Ccummins’s post here: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6722/gluten-free-chocolate-cake.aspx?o_is=LV