Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I expect my order to be delivered?
Cakeshop ‘working days’ are Monday-Friday excluding bank holidays. We dispatch all orders same/next working day. Estimated delivery time (not including weekends or bank holidays) is as follows:
UK – 1-2 days from dispatch
Europe & US - up to 5 days from dispatch
The rest of the world - up to 7 days from dispatch
Please keep an eye out for the dispatch confirmation email that you’ll receive once we have put your toppers in the post!
- What are your shipping charges?
We send all UK orders using 1st class delivery with Royal Mail. Orders being delivered outside of the UK are sent via International Airmail and the charge per order is as follows:
Europe - £1
USA & Canada - £1.50
Rest of the World - £1.50
- Do Cakeshop toppers need to be signed for when they are delivered?
Our cupcake toppers are sent in an A5 size pack and the large toppers are sent in an A4 size pack so our packaging will fit through standard letter boxes. If for any reason your item cannot be delivered, the item will be returned to the nearest Royal Mail depot. A note will be left requesting its collection. No signature is required.
- My item hasn’t arrived, what can I do?
Sometimes, especially at peaks such as Christmas, post does go missing or is delayed. If this happens to you, please contact us as soon as possible by using the contact form on our website for assistance.
- I am unhappy with my order, how do I get hold of you?
If for any reason you are not happy with your Cakeshop order, please contact us by using our contact form on the website. You will need to quote your order number, your email address and the details of the problem with the order.
- When will I hear back from you regarding my complaint?
We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 14 working days, (usually it takes 1-2 days) and will do our best to resolve it within 28 days. We may ask you to take a photograph of the product to help us communicate with our suppliers and correct any future problems. Should it be necessary, we will then advise you how to return your item.
- Can I return my item for a refund?
Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to return it to us within three days of receipt. You can contact our Customer Service Team for a returns address. Your right to return items to us in accordance with these terms and conditions is in addition to any other statutory rights you may have. If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price you have paid for the product(s) onto the credit or debit card that you paid with. Alternatively, we may offer to reprint (if applicable) and resend the item free of charge. Please note it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a resend.
- Why might I not qualify for a refund?
Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse, if personalisation text is mis-spelt or if you have uploaded an image of a low resolution or size. Please see our terms & conditions section 3.3, ‘Personalising products’, for more information.
Payment & Security
- What payment methods do you accept?
You can pay via debit or credit card.
- Are my card details safe?
Your payments are handled securely by Stripe. Your card details are not recorded or stored in our database. They are encrypted and are transferred securely to our Payment Service Provider for immediate authorisation. Once we have received authorisation from the Payment Service Provider we will confirm your order.
- I have a discount code, where do I apply it?
There is an option to apply this code in the basket.
- What happens to my photos after my order is complete?
Your photos are securely kept long enough to ensure your delivery has arrived, and are then deleted.
- Are Cakeshop.com toppers edible?
Yes they are! They are printed onto icing paper using edible inks.
- What do Cakeshop.com toppers taste like?
They are printed onto icing paper and so they taste sweet like icing.
- What size are the toppers?
The cupcake toppers measure 40mm in diameter and the large cake toppers are 161mm in diameter.
- Do I have to cut them out?
No! When you are ready to use your toppers, all you have to do it simply peel of the sheet. Please see your packaging and our videos in the How To section on our website for detailed instructions.
- Do you have any tips so I can make my personalised toppers look the best possible?
There are hints and tips all the way through the personalisation process on the website but some of the key things to remember are:
- For the best possible results, we recommend that you use high resolution images with a light coloured background. Failure to do so may result in a lack of print quality.
- We advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting.
- If you try to upload a photo that has a low resolution or image size, we will accept it. However, the image may not be of a very high quality when printed.
- If you are uploading a photo from your computer, images must be in JPEG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs will not be accepted.
- What is the print quality like?
Personally, we think its pretty good but please do read all our hints and tips on how to create the perfect toppers and remember, we are printing onto icing paper, not printer paper!
- Will the colour change when you print my photo onto the icing paper?
Due to the fact that we are using edible inks, there may occasionally be small variations in colour to your uploaded image but we think it remains pretty true to the original uploaded picture.
- What are the ingredients used?
For a full list of the ingredients in the icing paper and the edible ink, please see our ‘ingredients’ section on our ‘info’ page. Our toppers are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are kosher as well as nut, gluten and lactose free.
- How long do Cakeshop toppers last for?
Cakeshop.com toppers will have minimum 2 months to be used by at time of despatch, generally though this will be over 6 months. Once you have opened your toppers, please store in an airtight container and consume within 10 days.
- How can I contact you?
Contact us at any time by using our contact form on our website – link is at the bottom of the page.
- Where are my toppers produced?
They are produced by our team in Wiltshire, UK.
- Are you VAT registered?
Yes we are and our VAT registration number is GB151841619. Cake Toppers are outside the scope of VAT at time of writing and are therefore 0% rated. We’d therefore ask anyone in need of a vat receipt to use your order confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- I want to talk to you about placing a large order, how can I get hold of you?
We would love to talk to you about your requirements, please get in touch by using our contact form on the website and we will get right back to you.